Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy Anniversary

To my sweet loving husband, thank you for a wonderful anniversary celebration. Let me just tell you how wonderful he is! It started out with the surprise of a dozen long stem red roses with 7 white daisies (one for every year) and attached to the glass vase was a gift bag filled with chocolate dipped strawberries!
And it gets even better. On Saturday he tells me that I need to dress nice...like skirt and heels nice? So we must not be going to a BBQ huh? After dropping Marley off with Grandpa and Grandma we went for a drive and stopped by the Chocolate Cottage and got more chocolate dipped fruit and an Oreo carmel apple...makes my mouth water just thinking about it. After A LOT of driving, my husband thinks he is tricky and tried to get me lost so I would have no idea where we were headed, we finally ended up at our destination. La Caille.

It is so beautiful there with swans, peacocks, and even bunnies. Now this next part is mostly for my sister, dont drool too much. We started our meal off with a bite size sample of smoked duck and sliced cucumber, and then for our appetizer we shared the Alaskan king crab cakes with roasted bell pepper and dijon sauce (YUM). We got the house salad which was wilted spinach with hard boiled eggs, crumbled bacon, mushrooms, and a vinaigrette. For the entree I got Caneton de la Saison, translation even for me, pan roasted duck with berry cognac sauce. Patrick ordered the prime rib eye with steamed vegeteables, translation, huge piece of meat!
If we ever go back it would be just for the desserts! We tried chocolate chantilly cake, beignet francaise, creme brulee, and vanilla ice cream filled crepes with chocolate sauce. I know that is a lot of chocolate, my hubby sure knows how to make me happy! My dessert was extra special and made a lasting memory. For some reason they thought it was my birthday? So when our dessert plates were brought out the waitress placed a small cardboard tube in my chocolate cake while asking us, "I understand we have a birthday?" Not wanting to be rude or lie, I responded in a question like form with, "We have a celebration?" to which she said, "Great!" and procedeed to light the firework in my cake that shot sparks in to the air for about 30 seconds which seems very long when you just want dig into your cake! So now you can understand more greatly the immense gratitude for my loving husband. I am so happy that we have ended up here today with everything we have ever wanted. Thank you for being my other half and making me feel so special. I am so proud of the man that you are and that I am lucky enough to have a such a caring provider for me and our family. I look forward to many more anniversary celebrations with you. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. umm, i will need Pat to call Marty in a few monthes, to give him some pointers for our 10 year anniversary in November

    ReplyDelete