Monday, August 31, 2009

Not a Baby Anymore

Marley's first birthday was so much fun! She is a very loved and spoiled girl, she got lots of toys and clothes. She was not so interested in the presents but sat in her new chair for all the present opening. I had more fun than she did.
So for Marley's birthday I attempted to make a cake.... Into a purse. I am addicted to food network and love watching the cake decorating shows. Wow they make it look easy. So this was the result that we got. Not bad for a first timer I think. Here is Marley next to her purse cake.


You can't see it to clearly but the purse has a quilted texture on it. I talked my sister in law into letting me make a cake for my nephew's first birthday in November. It will be Philadelphia Eagles theme! Good luck to me!

This picture was Daddy's idea. She was not very interested in the football.

I'm pretty sure this was her favorite part of the whole party. She dove right in so fast that I completely forgot about the cute candle I had!


1 comment:

  1. That cake looks AMAZING Heather!! I wish I were brave enough to attempt something like that...

    ReplyDelete