Monday, July 6, 2009

A day in the mountains...

We love to camp, but we have not done any camping since Marley was born so this was a learning experience. I am not sure if I could last more than one day in the mountains with Marley. She has to be held but wants to crawl everywhere! And I am a little bit OCD about keeping her clean. All of this aside we had a lot of fun. We went up to visit my mother in law and her boyfriend for the day. It was rainy most of the day but we got some great pictures.


So boys will be boys and we just had to do some 4 wheeling. So....after about a 30 minute trek up the mountain and a few obstacles that we thought might make us turn back (examples: 2 different spots with a fallen tree trunk blocking most of the road, my mother in law and I lifting up a tree trunk as the trucks drove under it, mud puddles that were 15 feet long and who knows how deep, and a baby in the backseat) we saw the main road. Yay! The only thing between us and the road was this.

So instead of going back the way we came, we decided, ok the men decided that we can just drive through the river? After seeing my mother in law walk through it because she didnt want to be in the truck when it got stuck, it didnt look that deep after all. So here goes nothing....oh and fyi we have no tow ropes. We have a shovel.We made it through just fine. Very muddy but we were not stranded. I obviously could not get any pictures of us going through as I was in the truck but you get the idea. So all in all it was a very fun and muddy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment