Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Project

So I got the urge one night to take down the 12X12 mirror on the wall by my front door. The only stipulation I was given by Patrick was that it could not leave it unfinished for a year, like a few other projects I may have started. So anyway I got to work and it was a lot of work!
So I should have taken a picture before I removed the wall to wall, floor to ceiling mirror that was on this wall. I have never done a project this big but I really did not like the gigantic mirror here! So here is where it starts. I removed the mirror only to find all the tar like adhesive all over the wall. As I was removing it it peeled the wall off!


If you came to my house while I was learning how to finish this is what you got when you walked in the door. Welcome! Not a pretty sight. I had to finish peeling the tar off, then plaster the holes, then retexture the wall. After 2 coats of primer and a coat of "close enough" matching paint...


...here is what you get! Not bad huh?
And no I am still not completely finished, don't look too closely at the pictures in the picture frames. I still need to finish that.
Thank you to my hubby for being so patient with me while I got this done. It really did take me about a year. Don't ask why. I learned a lot!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! I always have marvelous plans and then never figure out how to finish them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you were taking the mirror down....it looks nice. Whenever we decide to conquer our mirrored wall, I will make sure and call you over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE picture walls... turned out excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I am so impressed and it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete